Affordability Tips For Your Baby’s Nursery
Babies can be expensive little bundles of joy, can’t they? But furnishing and decorating your baby’s nursery doesn’t have to break the bank. With some advance planning, online research, and thinking outside of the box, decorating your baby’s nursery can be a fun and affordable project. Here are some tips to get you started.
Plan in Advance
- Start thinking about your nursery early in your pregnancy. This way you can take advantage of periodic sales on things like paint, wallpaper, and furniture, and compare prices on major purchases like the crib and mattress.
- Consider your nursery when you decide where to register for baby gifts. While Babies-R-Us is a classic registry choice, you can also register at Pottery Barn Kids and Restoration Hardware Baby & Child.
High Style At A Discount
- The more expensive a piece of furniture is, the more likely it is that the owner will try to sell it on a site like CraigsList.com rather than give it away. Since baby furniture isn’t used for that long, you can probably find a gently used crib by Stokke or Oeuf changing table for the same price as new furniture by a less luxurious manufacturer.
Don’t Just Look At Baby Furniture Stores
- Find high-end nursery furniture at a discount on OneKingsLane.com, Wayfair.com, and – use the search box to look for cribs, rockers, and rugs.
- Visit Gilt.com not only for baby furniture, but also decorative items, baby gear (diaper bags and strollers), and maternity clothes.
Swap & Save