How it Works
- Signup:Signup to receive your kit! It’s free and easy. We don’t charge you until our lab has received your collection and successfully stored your baby’s stem cells.
- Receive Kit:You’ll receive your kit in a matter of days. If your due date is within 4 weeks, we’ll overnight it to you at no additional charge.
- To-Go Bag:Put your collection kit in your to-go bag and bring it with you to the hospital when you deliver.
- Birth:Immediately following the birth of your baby, your physician or midwife will perform the cord blood, cord tissue, and/or placenta tissue collection, put the contents in the kit, and return the kit to you.
- Paperwork:Fill out the paperwork inside the kit and call our medical courier for bedside pickup. There is no need to refrigerate or freeze your collection. Your baby’s stem cells are viable for up to 72 hours.
- Courier:The medical courier will arrive at your hospital, pick up your kit, and rush it to our lab.
- Processing:Your baby’s stem cells will be processed and stored at our lab and you will receive a Certificate of Storage confirming your baby’s collection size and viability.
- RetrievingIf you should ever need your stem cells, call us at 866-503-6005 and we will release them to your doctor or medical provider at no charge. We will also cover up to $500 in shipping costs to your hospital or treatment center.
Do you have questions? We are here to help. Call us at 866.503.6005
Or get access to our info kit
What’s in the Box
In your Americord® 3-in-1 Collection Kit, you’ll receive state of the art technology to preserve your baby’s stem cells, including:
Validated for durability and temperature
Cord blood, cord tissue, and placenta tissue collection materials:
- Cord blood collection bag
- Cord tissue collection cup
- Placenta transportation container
- Specimen transport bags
- Healthcare provider Instructions
- Data collection sheet
- Parent instructions
Test tubes and labels:
- 3 tubes for the maternal blood collection
- Blood draw materials