49% of expectant parents are aware but, minimally informed about cord blood banking. How much do you know?
A pioneering study published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine by Perlow ET Al. identified that ⅓ of expectant parents are unaware of the option to preserve cord blood. Of the ⅔ that are aware, 74% describe themselves as minimally informed.
What’s Your Cord Blood Knowledge?
What are stem cells?
- undifferentiated cells that can differentiate into specialized cells and can divide to produce more stem cells
- adult heart cells
- cells that change into plants
What is cord blood?
- blood that flows through the spinal cord to the brain
- blood that is left in a baby’s umbilical cord
- white blood cells that are present in your blood
What is cord blood banking?
- the storing of cord blood in a private or public bank for future medical use if needed
- paying a doctor money to cut your baby’s umbilical cord
- storing your baby’s umbilical cord in case they ever need a blood transfusion only
Cord Blood can be used to treat over _______ diseases.
Cord blood can be used as an alternative to _________.
- The flu shot
- bone marrow
Check out the answers here!