Shipping Your Collection Kit:
Collection kits are normally shipped to your home, but delivery options vary based on your due date. Our expedited shipping and handling services includes personalized, custom processing and bed-side pickup services by our insured, medical-grade shipping partner.
For enrollments greater than 2 weeks prior to the due date. Kits will be shipped Standard to your home address.
You can choose for expedited delivery via AmericordRush™ at additional cost.
Because due dates are not always accurate, Americord has kits strategically placed around the United States and can rush a kit same-day to expecting parents at the home or the hospital (at an additional cost.)
Collection Kit and Shipping costs are non-refundable.
AmericordRush™ is recommended if you:
Enrolled within 2 weeks of the due date.
AmericordRush™ is required if you:
- Are enrolling within 48 hours of your due date.
- Are going to the hospital today.
- Are going into labor and forgot your original kit.
Domestic shipping only. Certain restrictions may apply. Domestic shipping does not include US territories and military bases (APO/FPO/DPO).
All required paperwork must be completed prior to shipping. Americord will cover additional shipping charges: If the mother has failed to receive the shipped kit OR if the original kit arrived compromised or damaged.
Returning Your Collection Kit:
We provide 24/7 stress-free kit pickup at no cost across the United States. After birth, your delivery team will return the collection kit to you. Confirm the following contents are inside:
- 4 test tubes filled with maternal blood and inside the clear specimen transport bag.
- Cord blood collection back is clamped, knotted and inside the clear specimen transport bag. (If elected.)
- Cord Tissue is inside the cord tissue cup and tightly sealed. (If elected.)
- Placenta is inside the placenta canister and the canister is tightly sealed.
It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that all specimens parents intended to be stored are collected and placed inside the kit prior to sealing.
Once sealed and ready for pick up, call (866) 503-6005 x3 to arrange for pick-up. Be prepared to provide the medical courier with your hospital address and room number. Keep your collection kit at room temperature until pickup. The kit can remain in your hospital room.