Unlock the Full Potential of Cord Tissue with Americord’s Proprietary CryoMaxx™ Processing
What is Americord CryoMaxx™ Cord Tissue Processing
Many blood banks focus only on the MSCs and pre-process them prior to cryopreservation. This limits not only the full potential of what umbilical cord tissue can be used for, but also future treatment options.
Americord’s unique proprietary CryoMaxx™ Cord Tissue processing method uses a minimal manipulation method that enables the cord tissue to retain its inherent multipotent cells, growth factors, and cytokines. The cord tissue is cryopreserved and stored in multiple vials, which ensures the potential for multiple uses or applications.
The cryopreserved cord tissue can be used as a:
- Membrane containing living cells and bioactive factors for surgical applications or
- Processed in the future, using the latest cell isolation techniques.
CryoMaxx™ Cord Tissue processing ensures that the cord tissue stem cells will be suitable for a wide range of therapeutic applications.
What Clinical Research is Being Conducted on Cord Tissue?
Cord-derived MSCs are currently being studied in 100’s of clinical trials¹
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Crohn’s Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
Cord tissue, consisting of cells, growth factors, and cytokines, is currently being studied in a number of clinical trials for surgical applications²⁻⁷:
- Cartilage Repair
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Tendon Repair
What is the Purpose of the Umbilical Cord?
The umbilical cord plays an important role during pregnancy. It is responsible for:
- Delivering nutrients and oxygen to the baby
- Removing waste material
The umbilical cord is a tube-like structure that connects the baby to the mother through the placenta. The umbilical cord is so much more than a highway to good health while the baby is in the womb.
Why the Umbilical Cord?
The umbilical cord contains various types of cells and factors including:
- Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs): Multipotent stem cells capable of differentiating into a number of different cell and tissue types. These stem cells are not found in cord blood.
- Growth factors: Signaling molecules that regulate cell growth and tissue regeneration.
- Cytokines: Signaling molecules that regulate inflammation.
If you would like to learn more about Cord Tissue and our proprietary Americord CryoMaxx™ processing method and how it may make sense for your growing family, Americord is here to help.
- Mebarki, M., Abadie, C., Larghero, J., & Cras, A. (2021). Human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells: a promising candidate for the development of advanced therapy medicinal products. Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 12(1).
- CTG labs - NCBI. (n.d.-d).
- Clinical Trials: Use of Human Dehydrated Umbilical Cord Allograft in Supraspinatus Tendon Repair
- Clinical Trials: Continence and Potency Following Multi-Layer Perinatal Issue alloGraft
- Clinical Trials: Effect of Implanting Allogenic Cytokines Derived From Human Amniotic Membrane (HAM) and Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived From Human Umbilical Cord Wharton's Jelly (HUMCWJ) on Pain and Functioning of Knee Osteoarthritis
- Clinical Trials: CLARIX™ 100 & CLARIX CORD 1K for Discectomy Patients
- Clinical Trials: Peroneal and Achilles Tendon Repair Indications With CLARIX® CORD 1K (PATRICC)
The views, statements, and pricing expressed are deemed reliable as of the published date. Articles may not reflect current pricing, offerings, or recent innovations.