This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising via third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
“Aggregate Information” means information that has been combined with that of other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that, in the reasonable opinion of Americord, no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
“Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Americord collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- Registration Information: information you provide about yourself or your child when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- Volunteered Information: all information about yourself or your child, including your or your child’s disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, and other information that you or your child provide Americord.
- Sensitive Information: information about your or your child’s health and certain Volunteered Information such as racial and ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
- User Content: all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials—other than Volunteered Information—generated by users of Americord’s Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through Americord.
- Web Behavior Information: information on how you use the Americord website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
“Service or Services” means Americord’s products, software, services, and website (including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other material and information) as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact using the information provided below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
When you visit our site or use our Services, you will have the opportunity to provide personal information to enable you to take advantage of the many features and Services that we offer, such as requesting additional information or enrolling online, or receiving information via text messages. This data may include information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, your child’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, credit card information, user name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information. Please be assured that unless you volunteer to submit this information yourself, we will not collect any information from your visits to our site by which you could be identified personally.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may also collect personal information from you about a third party. For instance, if you refer a friend to Americord or purchase Americord’s Services as a gift for someone else, we will ask for contact information for this person. Please note that we will use such information about a third party only for the purpose for which it was provided (e.g., follow-up with the referred person).
From time-to-time, you, and any person upon whose behalf you are acting, have the option to provide us with additional information about yourself or that person. For example, you may provide us with information about your personal traits (e.g., eye color, height), ethnicity, disease conditions (e.g. Type 2 Diabetes), other health-related information (e.g. pulse rate, cholesterol levels, visual acuity), and family history information (e.g. information similar to the foregoing about your family members).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In addition to information that you submit voluntarily, we also collect some information automatically to help us measure the performance of our site. During your visit, we may automatically collect and temporarily store information about your browser type, operating system, IP address, the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the date and time you arrived at our site, how long you spent on the site, and the pages that you visited.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Americord, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Conversational Platform Technologies. We deploy a cloud-based conversational platform designed to assist visitors with navigating the site and learning more about our Services. This technology takes a transcript of the chat which is then stored. The platform does not monitor or view the contents of any chats with site visitors. Further, the platform does not use any such chats or the contents thereof for its own purposes, nor does it sell such to third parties.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use personal information that you provide only for the purposes indicated to you when you provided it. We will not disclose, sell, rent, loan or exchange your personal information to any other individual, organization or entity except to the extent necessary to provide the information or services you have requested or received, unless you are first notified and expressly agree to it, or as otherwise required by law.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Americord’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Americord about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
If you become an Americord Registry client, we will share some or all of the information you provide with our business partners in order to facilitate the services you have selected. For example, Americord Registry will notify your OB and your hospital that you will be preserving your newborn’s cord blood with Americord Registry. We will share some of your contact information with our courier service to facilitate the pick-up and drop-off of your cord blood unit. We will share personal information with the laboratory that we use to process and test your blood samples, to store the cryopreserved placenta and cord blood. While we implement procedures and contractual terms to protect the confidentiality and security of your information, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information due to the inherent risks associated with storing and transmitting data electronically.
Americord provides links to third-party websites operated by organizations not affiliated with Americord. Americord does not disclose your information to organizations operating such linked third-party websites. Americord is not responsible for the privacy practices of these organizations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by Americord.
Americord may call you or send you emails or send you sms (text) messages that communicate information about your account, health information related to our service, or about products, services, marketing offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
In addition, in certain limited circumstances, Americord Registry may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal and/or health-related personal information to a third party, we will notify affected users unless doing so would violate the law or court order. Americord Registry reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and to use or disclose personal information to the extent necessary to investigate any attempt to misuse this site or to harm other site users. We may also disclose your personal information:
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Americord, our customers, or others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.]
When using our site you will have the opportunity to exchange email with us or to send us your resume if you wish to apply for a job. You may also email information about our services to a friend. Before you do any of these things, please be aware of the limits on the confidentiality of computer forms and email: Information you exchange with us using these methods may not be secure.
Any information that you create or receive on your employer’s computer or through your employer’s network may be the legal property of your employer. Your employer may review and save this information or turn it over in response to a legal subpoena.
Keep in mind that if you email an article found on our website about a disease or condition to a friend who receives email at a work address, you could be revealing sensitive information about your friend’s medical condition or health interests to that friend’s employer. We urge you to use your best judgment whenever you communicate with email.
Client Services Americord Registry LLC 225 Broadway, Ste 1903 New York, New York 10007