- “Aggregate Information” means information that has been combined with that of other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that, in the reasonable opinion of Americord, no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
- “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Americord collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- Registration Information: information you provide about yourself or your child when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- Volunteered Information: all information about yourself or your child, including your or your child’s disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, and other information that you or your child provide Americord.
- Sensitive Information: information about your or your child’s health and certain Volunteered Information such as racial and ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
- User Content: all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials—other than Volunteered Information—generated by users of Americord’s Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through Americord.
- Web Behavior Information: information on how you use the Americord website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
- “Service or Services” means Americord’s products, software, services, and website (including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other material and information) as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
When you visit our site or use our Services, you will have the opportunity to provide personal information to enable you to take advantage of the many features and Services that we offer, such as requesting additional information or enrolling online, or receiving information via text messages. This data may include information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, your child’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, credit card information, user name, email address, or any other personally identifiable information. Please be assured that unless you volunteer to submit this information yourself, we will not collect any information from your visits to our site by which you could be identified personally.
We may also collect personal information from you about a third party. For instance, if you refer a friend to Americord Registry or purchase Americord Registry’s Services as a gift for someone else, we will ask for contact information for this person. Please note that we will use such information about a third party only for the purpose for which it was provided (e.g., follow-up with the referred person).
From time-to-time, you, and any person upon whose behalf you are acting, have the option to provide us with additional information about yourself or that person. For example, you may provide us with information about your personal traits (e.g., eye color, height), ethnicity, disease conditions (e.g. Type 2 Diabetes), other health-related information (e.g. pulse rate, cholesterol levels, visual acuity), and family history information (e.g. information similar to the foregoing about your family members).
In addition to information that you submit voluntarily, we also collect some information automatically to help us measure the performance of our site. During your visit, we may automatically collect and temporarily store information about your browser type, operating system, IP address, the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the date and time you arrived at our site, how long you spent on the site, and the pages that you visited. This information helps us improve and customize our website in favor of our customers.
We will use personal information that you provide only for the purposes indicated to you when you provided it. We will not disclose, sell, rent, loan or exchange your personal information to any other individual, organization or entity except to the extent necessary to provide the information or services you have requested, unless you are first notified and expressly agree to it, or as otherwise required by law.
If you become an Americord Registry client, we will share some or all of the information you provide with our business partners in order to facilitate the services you have selected. For example, Americord Registry will notify your OB and your hospital that you will be preserving your newborn’s cord blood with Americord Registry. We will share some of your contact information with our courier service to facilitate the pick-up and drop-off of your cord blood unit. We will share personal information with the laboratory that we use to process and test your blood samples, to store the cryopreserved placenta and cord blood. While we implement procedures and contractual terms to protect the confidentiality and security of your information, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information due to the inherent risks associated with storing and transmitting data electronically.
Americord provides links to third-party websites operated by organizations not affiliated with Americord. Americord does not disclose your information to organizations operating such linked third-party websites. Americord is not responsible for the privacy practices of these organizations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by Americord.
Americord may call you or send you emails or send you sms (text) messages that communicate information about your account, health information related to our service, or about products, services, marketing offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
In addition, in certain limited circumstances, Americord Registry may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal and/or health-related personal information to a third party, we will notify affected users unless doing so would violate the law or court order. Americord Registry reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and to use or disclose personal information to the extent necessary to investigate any attempt to misuse this site or to harm other site users.
When using our site you will have the opportunity to exchange email with us or to send us your resume if you wish to apply for a job. You may also email information about our services to a friend. Before you do any of these things, please be aware of the limits on the confidentiality of computer forms and email: Information you exchange with us using these methods may not be secure.
Any information that you create or receive on your employer’s computer or through your employer’s network may be the legal property of your employer. Your employer may review and save this information or turn it over in response to a legal subpoena.
Keep in mind that if you email an article found on our website about a disease or condition to a friend who receives email at a work address, you could be revealing sensitive information about your friend’s medical condition or health interests to that friend’s employer. We urge you to use your best judgment whenever you communicate with email.
Americord is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the information that he/she provides to Americord about his or her child is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate.
We want to be sure to keep the contact information that you provide to our site or through our Services accurate and up-to-date. You also have the right to request that we delete this contact information if you choose not to enroll and no longer wish to be contacted. To make changes to your personal or contact information, or to request that we delete the information that you have provided to us through the website or Services, please send an email to the following address: [email protected]
Client Services Americord Registry LLC 225 Broadway, Ste 1903 New York, New York 10007